|Photo by: Military.com|
Twenty-one-year-old Vicenta Depalubos Asperin, who was six months pregnant, died at the Metro Davao Medical and Research Center (MDMRC) at around 10:17 pm Monday due to heart failure and brain damage as reported by the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO).
Asperin had been severely injured in the explosion when a splinter entered her nose and went straight to her brain.
“Based on the notes from the Local Civil Registrar, the counting should be one because the unborn baby remained inside the mother’s womb. They were not separated,”CSSDO chief Ma. Luisa Bermudo said.
The victim’s brother, Gregorio Depalubos recalled that before falling into coma, his sister did not even know she had been hurt in a bomb blast.
“Before she fell into a coma, she was brought to the hospital, she even asked what has happened to her,” he said in vernacular.
“I hope the people responsible are arrested and that they are made to pay for what they have done. My sister didn’t do them wrong. She was innocent and she was pregnant. It is too much! They have to pay,” Depalubos said asking for justice.
Asperin’s client at the time, 12-year-old Daniel Larrida, was killed on the spot.
The husband of Asperin, John Lord, was in Nabunturan, Compostela Valley Province when the blast happened. The two got married in March and were expecting their first baby girl. AJRSP