Anti-Marcos angered by Blitzkrieg Marcos burial

After the surprise burial of the late President Ferdinand Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani, several prominent people commented that these are marks of a thief.

Ferdinand Marcos
Photo from ABS-CBN

“It was a blitzkrieg,” Bayan Muna Representative Carlos Zarate said in reaction to the surprise news.

Zarate is a lawmaker as well as a member of the Makabayan that flied a house resolution to block the burial said that authorities diverted the attention of people including news of possible pa-siyam.

The said burial according to Zarate is disrespectful to the due process rights of anti-Marcos petitioners.

Meanwhile, Vice President Leni Robredo condemned the burial standing firm that “Marcos is no hero.”

"Like a thief in the night, the Marcos family deliberately hid the information of burying former president Marcos today from the Filipino people.

They obviously flouted the law where the decision does not become final and executors until 15 days or the resolution of the MR," said Robredo in a statement on Friday.

Robredo pointed out that the involvement of Armed Forces of the Philippine and Philippine National Police for the Marcos’ burial “disturbed” her.

"This is nothing new to the Marcoses – they who had hidden wealth, hidden human rights abuses, and now, a hidden burial – with complete disrespect for the rule of law," said Robredo.

Read Also: Marcos finally laid to rest at Libingan ng mga Bayani

Marcos’ burial was confirmed earlier this morning at 10 by the Philippine National Police.

[Source: ABS-CBN News, Rappler]