Lagman unites with FVR suspecting AFP and PNP heads as Marcos burial minds

Albay Rep. Edcel Lagman says he is with former President Ramos’ idea to investigate the military and police officials involved in the surprise burial of the late President Ferdinand Marcos.

“It’s important to conduct a probe to determine the real conspirators in the hasty, suspicious burial,” said Lagman on Tuesday, November 22 in a media briefing.

Representative Lagman explained further that he will no longer file a resolution for the said probe and he will just let the investigating bodies do the job.

Read: Marcos finally laid to rest at Libingan ng mga Bayani

Lagman added “The hierarchy of the [Armed Forces of the Philippines] and the [Philippine National Police can conduct the probe] unless you are not anymore confident it will be an impartial inquiry.”

Earlier this week, on Monday, FVR said that the surprise burial of Marcos at the Libingan ng mga Bayani was an insult to the AFP.

Ramos pointed out that the military, police, and uniformed personnel involved in the burial must be investigated and might be dismissed from service because of the disloyalty they have committed.

Lagman plays a role for the group Families of Victims and Involuntary Disappearance (FIND) as their counsel. This group is one of the petitioners who filed for the dismissal of hero’s burial for Marcos.

Read Also: VP Leni links electoral protest to Marcos burial

A motion seeking the exhumation of Marcos’ remains from the LNMB was also filed by Lagman.

[Source: GMA Network]