Imee confident Duterte to untag Marcoses' plunder cases even wealth isn't returned

Ilocos Norte Governor Imee Marcos has denied that there are on-going negotiations between her family and the government to return some of the ill-gotten wealth amassed by her father, late President Ferdinand Marcos.




The governor on Thursday said lawyers are handling the matter regarding the supposed offer made by an emissary of her family to President Rodrigo Duterte to return a portion of their wealth.

On the other hand, Marcos' daughter remains hopeful that the president will end the cases that have been dragging the family for years now.

"Wala pa, wala pa. Tiwala kami sa President na siya ang makakapagtapos ng deka-dekadang kaso at yung pamilya nag-uusap pa. Pero nasa kamay ng mga abogado," Imee said before reporters while waiting for the Provincial Governmetn of Ilocos Norte's hearing on the alleged misuse of tobacco excise tax funds.

"Pag-usapan na lang ng mga abogado," answered Imee when asked if Marcos family has any palns to return some ill-gotten wealth.

The lady governor also remained silent about her mother, Ilocos Norte 2nd District Representative' alleged admission that they have 7000 tons' worth of gold bars.

"I think it's best that the lawyer respond to all these queries," she answered.

Dutere earlier on Monday said an emissary of the Marcoses talked to him about their plans to return some of their wealth including a few gold bars, to finance vital government projects.

Source: Politics